The code, regress_gui.m, presents a user friendly graphical user interface (GUI) to numerically regress data. The code will perform single-variable polynomial regression and multivariate linear regression. It will also perform a statistical analysis on the regression. It is extremely simple to use and is self-explanatory once the files are downloaded.
- Create a directory in your personal disk space called, for example, regress_gui
- Download the file regress_gui.zip to that directory
- Use WinZIP to extract the MATLAB files from the zipped file into the directory
- Open MATLAB
- Change directories to the directory where you extracted the files, by typing at the command line prompt
- At the MATLAB command line prompt, type regress_gui
- The rest is self-explanatory
- This file is zipped with WinZip.
- This code was created by Dr. David Keffer and Danny Mock at the Department of Chemical Engineering, University of Tennessee, Knoxville. It was last updated on October 30, 2000.